Port Orange is a city in Borussia County, central Florida. Although Port Orange is considered part of the Greater Daytona Beach Area, Port Orange has its own mailing address separately from Daytona Beach. Tourism marketing has been linking these two cities.
Port oranges are made up of several distinct regions, each having a unique flavor. The city is 26.4 square miles, with over 50,000 residents living there. There is the center of the city surrounding the lake, but there is no commercial downtown because it is not a tourist destination. Cities north and south are far from the beaten roads, but are more expensive than Daytona Beach or Newsmilna Beach.
At first, the settlers in the Port Orange area were Timkua and Seminole. During the Florida plantation, Patrick Dean was given 995 acres from the Spanish crown in 1804 and later named the Dunroton Plantation. The fertile soil is suitable for citrus, indigo and sugarcane and shipped to the Halifax River. In the second Seminole War in 1836, the farm was destroyed by the Seminole Indians. The Dunroton sugar mill, located on the old sugar mill road, is the last remaining part of the old plantation.
The second Port Orange Age took place after the Civil War. Dr. John Milton Hawks, an advocate for the abolition of the United States Army and Army Surgeon, together with other military officers, formed the Florida Land and Lamber Company, and in 1866 sent 500 slaves to public lands along the Halifax River, north of Sprue Creek, in 1866. In February 1867, Dr. Hawks moved to the current area from Mosquito Inlet (Pont Saint), a settlement that was honored by the name of Orange Port. In April 1867, the name of the settlement was changed to Port Orange because another town in the United States already had an old name. In 1926, Port Orange was incorporated into Port Orange.
Port Orange provides only Spruce Creek Airport, a small private airport, part of the Spruce Creek Fly-In Real Estate Community. If you need to fly here, you will need to find a commercial flight that will arrive at Daytona Beach International Airport (nearest), Orlando International Airport, or Jacksonville International Airport.
Amtrak offers the service of Amtrak Motor Train. South Terminal is about 35 miles west of Port Orange in Sanford, Florida. The Amtrak Motor Company will carry passengers and cars between Sanford and Rolton, Virginia, and effectively function as a vehicle communication route from Florida to the Washington, D.C. Metro area. After the car leaves, it is easy to get a car in Port Orange.
Amtrak offers regular passenger service with the nearest stop near Deland City. This stop is not recommended as an option because it is located at a distance.
Greyhound Bus Lines offers bus services to nearby Daytona Beach. When you get to the Daytona Beach Bus Stop, you need to transfer to your local Borcia County Bus, or take a taxi to finish your trip to Port Orange.
Since Interstate 95 runs just west of the city and U.S. Expressway 1 runs through the city center, Port Orange can be easily accessed by car. It is called 'South Ridgewood Street.'
Botran is the name of the local Borussia County Bus, which also provides public transfers to nearby Daytona Beach. The bus provides port orange, M-Sa, and services from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Votrin is a cheap vehicle that gives you access to the handicap. This website provides maps and time tables. The bus goes to most places and places of interest. Cost: $1 round trip 1.75, and $3.75 a day pass (valid on all routes).
With port oranges, traveling in a car is generally easy and convenient. All major roads are easy to drive, but the major intersections are heavily congested, mainly in tourist spots, on the evening of the afternoon or Saturday. The major roads in the city are Williamson Boulevard in the west, Dunlton Boulevard in the east-west, and No. 1 U.S., in the north-south direction of the east. There is a lot of traffic on Dunlawton and there is a lot of traffic on US-1.
- Spruce Creek Park 6250 Ridgewood Ave, +1 386 322-5133. Sprue Creek Park provides a 536-foot walkway with a three-mile nature trail, passing through a 15-foot observation tower and following Rose Bay. The tower commands a view of the marsh near Sprue Creek.
- Sugar Mills Old sugar mills 950. It is held from sunrise to sunset. A sugar plantation is a botanical garden developed and managed by a non-profit organization, Borussia, that does not have any salaried workers. It has a 16th century sugar mill. Free.
- Lighthouse Loop, Port Orange Causeway, 3501-4900S Atlantic Ave The Light House Loop is a scenic spot used by walkers, cyclists, runners and others to pass through Port Orange, Daytona Beach Shore and Ponceinlet. Check the website for the exact root.
The largest annual event in Borussia is the Port Orange Family Days held in October. The four-day festival held at the City Center Complex focuses on celebrating the quality of life and family in Port Orange, and includes carnival, business, non-profit expo, children's games, parades, meal coats and entertainment.
- Sunset Quay Outfitters, 6296 South Ridgewood Ave, . High-class brand kayak/canoeing, coaching, guided eco-tours (various places) and kayak fishing.
- 1 Crane Lakes Golf and Country Club, 1790 Crane Lakes Blvd ☏+1 386 767 .
- Sprue Creek Golf Country Club, 1900 Country Club Dr, ☏+1 .
- Cypress Head Golf Club 6231 Palm Vista Street☏+1 386 756 . Port Orange City golf links.
Scuba Diving & Snowkering
- Discover Diving Guide & Services, ☏+1 .  Dunroton Causeway Overseas Diving Work for REC and LEV They also offer lobster travel. A phone call to reserve space. Only five passengers can take a trip.
- Spruce Creek Scuba Guide & Services, 1646 Taylor Rd, +1 386 767 .The Sprue Creek Scuba is a full-service Recreation and Technical Dive Center. Provides training for open water divers, special divers, advanced open water divers and rescue divers. It also provides basic Nitrox, advanced Nitrox, gradual decompression, extended range, and Trimix.
- Spruce Creek Tennis Club, 1900 Country Club Dr, ☏+1 386 756 6118.2 hard coats and six clay coats, some of which have light. charge for time and fee
Daytona State University has two campuses: Daytona Beach and News Milna Beach/Edgewater.
-  Palmer College of Chiropractic, 4777 City Center Pkwy, +1 866 585
- Country side shopping center, 3820 South Nova Road. The country-side shopping center is a retail square with 118,376 square feet, regional and regional retailers all combined, with big lots, McDonald's and save-a-lot anchored.
- 1Dunroton Square, 3845 South Nova Road. Dunroton Square was 332,800 square-foot shopping center (built in 1979) with Bale's Outlet, Burger King, Dollar General, GNC, PCS Metro, Port Orange Steakhouse, Public Super, radio Shack, Space Coast Credit Union, SunTrust Bank and TGI Friday's anchor.
- Park Place Plaza 3781, South Nova Road. The Park Place Plaza is an open air shopping center with 132,341 square-foot Bals, Gold's Gym and Ross Dress.
- Port Orange Plaza 4020 Southridgewood Aberge Port Orange Plaza is an open air shopping center that combines 189,673 square-foot Family Dollar Store and Hardies' anchored stores with local, regional and local retailers.
- Ravenwood Square Plaza 4606S Clyde Molisburg Drabenwood Square Plaza is a 112,073 square foot Jaban Jungle Coffee Bar, Manny's Pizza House, a retail business center anchored by VIP travel reservations.
- Riverwood Plaza 4001 South Nova Road. Riverwood Plaza is based in the 93506 Square Foot Dollar Tree and Win Dixie's supermarket, and is an open air shopping center that combines retailers from all over Japan, regions and regions.
- Westport Square shopping center, 1682 Taylor Road. The Westport Square shopping center is a retail square ruled by 484,594 square-foot bank of America, Call departments, supermarkets, subways and several local merchants.
- 2-port orange pavilion, 5501s Williamson Boulevard Port Orange, Florida (I-95, exit 256 - port orange) merged into Taylor Rd/FL 421 West toward Williamson Blvd. Turn to the right (North) and enter South Williamson Bullbud. The Pavilion is located on the east side of Williamson Blvd.) (☏ [email protected]). An open air retail shopping center with several cafeterias and movie theaters. Many leading retailers, including HomeGoods, Belk, Payless Shoesource, Kirklands, Michaels, and Ulta. There are also a few local specialty shops, including hair salons and nail salons. Options included major franchise stores and local facilities. The movie theater is located at Regal Pavilion Stadium 14&RPX.
-  The Namazunas on the River 4009 Halifax Dr, 386 761 . seafood
- 2 Monthly Grill (1665 Dunlawton Ave # 101, steak, seafood.
- Port Orange Sticky House 3851 South Nova Rd (K-Mart Plaza),☏+1 386 756 . Steak, seafood, American.
- 3th year, 5527. Williamson Blvd, +1 386 756-6668. Japanese steamer and hibachi burn. Sushi.
- D.J's Deck, 79 East Dunlawton Ave, +1 386 760-2271.
- First Turn Lounge, 5236 South Riziwood☏ Doabage, +1 386 788 .
- Last Rezort Bar, 5812 South Ridgewood Ave . a cold beer house
- Deck down under, 78 East Dunlawton Ave, +1 386 767-1881.
- Dusk to Dawn Motel, 4545 Ridgewood Ave, .
- Fairview Motel, 5964 Ridgewood Ave, .
- Town and Country Motel, 5384 Ridgewood Ave, .
- The 7-digit dial is enabled for the port orange local call. The area code is (386).
- The Daytona Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau 126 East Orange Avenue, +1 386 255-0415, Fax. A formal sales and marketing organization in the surrounding area, including Daytona Beach and Port Orange.
- Port Orange-South Daytona Chamber of Commerce (Port Orange - South Daytona Chamber of Commerce, 3431 Ridgewood Ave, 386 761-1601, Fax:) Clearing house for regional information.
Many of the large hotels and accommodations in this area are usually free of charge.
The local public library provides free computer Internet access to residents of Borussia County. Non-residents pay a small fee.
- Port Orange Public Library 1005 City Center Circle +1 386 322-5152
keep ~ safe
There are many hurricanes in Florida. If you are visiting Florida, check the Hurricane Safety page. Watch out for lightning in the center of the state. There are also many tornadoes in Florida, so check the Tornadoes safety page.
Port Orange has a different crime intensity in the neighborhood. There are few violent crimes in tourist spots, but theft occurs from time to time. Number 911 for fire and police emergencies is valid on Port Orange.
- Daytona Beach - North's famous neighbor, Port Orange, is holding NASCAR races and other special events.
- Daytona Beach Shore - A quiet small city along the Beach Peninsula to the northeast of Port Orange.
- New Smirna Beach - Just south of Port Orange is the new Smirna Beach. The city claims the experience of wonderful backwater and offshore fishing along the historic Flagler and Canal streets, golf, historic sites, cultural events, and various shopping and meals.
- Ponse Bay - A scenic fishing village located at the southern end of the Coast Peninsula. Here are some of the best fish and seafood restaurants in the area: local charter fishing boats, the Center for Marine Science, the Ponceto Light House, and the area.
|Route via port orange|
|Jacksonville (J) - Daytona Beach←||N S||→News Milna Beach → West Palm Beach|
|Daytona Beach - South Daytona←||N S||→News Milna Beach → West Palm Beach|